An alkaline environment in your body is important to fight against diseases, including arthritis, obesity and even cancer. And every system has its own ideal pH levels to function well, you can make your body slightly alkalized by taking alkaline diet to improve your overall health.
As modern diet is filled with acidic foods that may result in inflammation and illnesses, increasing the intake of alkaline foods (Top 50 Alkaline Foods to Balance Your Body Naturally) is the key to keeping your pH levels in balance.
An acidic pH may cause many health problems:
- Weight gain
- Kidney disease
- Unbalanced hormone
- Premature aging
- Arthritis and joint pain
- Pain muscles
- Poor digestion
- Easy to be infected
- Headaches and migraines
- Stomach ulcers
- Unhealthy hair
- Dry skin
- Leg cramps
So make small lifestyle changes by including the alkaline-forming foods into your diet. How often do you include these “roots” in your diet? If you don’t remember when you eat such foods last time, start to eat them from today. They not only provide multiple nutrients but also alkalize your body naturally:
Carrot is an alkaline-forming food, it’s rich in Beta-carotene which is a strong antioxidant that protects you from diseases. This root is well known to be good for overall health and provides lots of minerals and vitamins.
- Vitamin A improves your eye health;
- Fiber fights against obesity and ease digestive issues;
- Potassium helps keep your blood pressure under control;
- Anti-inflammatory properties makes it good for healing from cuts and wounds;
- A phytonutrient called falcarinol in it helps prevent colon cancer;
- Improves dental health as its anti-bacterial effect;
- Benefits to blood sugar regulation as it’s rich in Carotenoids.
This nutritious root vegetable is beneficial to your health in many ways, from boosting brain function, lowering high blood pressure to detoxing your organs, especially good for liver detox. It also protects your heart and bones, keep reading to know more potential benefits of beet at the bottom of the article.
Potatoes and Sweet Potatoes
Both potatoes and sweet potatoes are very healthy, control diabetes, protect your bones, fight cancer, maintain blood pressure and control blood sugar. You will like to add these nutritious roots into your plate.
Red Radish and White Radish
- Both red radish and white radish are rich in vitamin C, eat them regularly will make your immune system stronger to fight against illnesses;
- As they are high in fiber and low in calories, they make a good part of the weight loss diet;
- The antioxidants in radishes may prevent heart disease;
- Rich in potassium, they are also good options to lower high blood pressure;
- They are also used to treat digestive problems as they stimulate the production of bile;
- Radishes also help with liver and kidney function.
Well known for its bitter flavor, turnip helps your systems function well in several ways. It provides a wide array of antioxidants, such as vitamin A, vitamin C, manganese and beta-carotene.
Yams are a good source of vitamin B6, which has been shown to reduce the risk of heart disease. The rich amount of potassium in yams is very important to brain and nervous system. What’s more, rich in fiber and low in calories makes yams a good ingredient for losing weight.